Our natural environment is our only true source of sustainable wealth. Our landscape is the product of many generations of people working and harvesting the land and if we can do so in a sustainable way it can provide benefits for generations to come. We are now developing a greater understanding of the value of natural systems in regulating the climate, storing and releasing water and the production of food and timber. The natural resources of your community are just as valuable as community buildings and services.
Every community has shared spaces that we use and enjoy. Playing fields, local woodlands, school grounds, churchyards and village greens are all community spaces that we can use to provide benefits to ourselves and our native wildlife.
The Green Valleys can help your community
- Develop greenspaces into valued community assets
- Help address problems and identify areas for improvement
- Make the most of spaces used for access and recreation
- Learn more about the habitats and species that share our communities
- Enhance your community through a number of different projects.