Since 2010 we have worked with our communities on a number of projects on raising awareness and our network of supported community woodland groups. Over this period, we have learned that real benefits are best delivered by supporting and working alongside local community groups.
It was always our belief that the imagination, energy and enthusiasm of people to improve their local area was a real strength and that these groups were best placed to make decisions and drive projects forward. Our experience has shown that The Green Valleys is most effective as an enabling organization, able to support and advise, while leaving overall direction and decision making with local people.
Our member groups are the core of The Green Valleys and receive support and benefits to help deliver our shared vision. Our vision has been developed by listening to the improvements our member groups wish to make happen in their communities, creating a sense of togetherness and trust.
The following benefits are also available to Member Groups:
- Each group is registered as a Member of the Community Interest Company, which entitles the group to a vote at General Meetings.
- Access to the Members Group area of website, where you can download various written materials and guidance
- Direct email and phone access to The Green Valleys staff for advice and support
- Access for your group to display within the exhibition space of The Green Valleys at various events, such as country shows.
- Access to borrow tools, video equipment and other items owned by The Green Valleys.
- Access to The Green Valleys image database and free use of these images for your groups’ own website leaflets etc.
- Input into the direction and services provided by The Green Valleys via specific Member Group events
- Your group can use The Green Valleys logo, a brand associated with successful projects
- Access to technical services for community woodland groups
Some services that The Green Valleys offers is highly technical and are expensive to provide so these services cannot be offered free of charge. However, through the free advisory service offered to groups we will help you identify the need and funding for such services.
- Hydro power Area Studies and Feasibility Studies
- Advice on developing formal group governance structures
- Seed capital and loan funding
- Legal & lease service
- Business & financial planning
- Help and advice on making grant Applications
- Event Planning